Wednesday 25 June 2014

Michael Jackson's Final Song And Message In 2009

Not just any song but "Earth Song" was Michael Jackson final song and performance/rehearsal on stage on the night of June, 24, 2009, less than 24 hours before his death age 50.

                            

Michael performs the song with his voice being heard at the end warning of the dangers of Global warming.

"I resect the secrets and magic of nature. That's why it makes me so angry when I see these things that are happening, that every second, I hear, the size of a football field is torn down in the Amazon. I mean, that kind of stuff really bothers me. That's why I write these kinds of songs, you know. It gives some sense of awareness and awakening and hope to people."

"I love the Planet, I love the trees. I have this thing for trees - the colours and changing of leaves. I love it. I respect those kind of things. I really feel that nature is trying so hard to compensate for man's mismanagement of the planet. Because the planet is sick, like a fever. If we don't fix it now, it's at the point of no return. This is our last chance to fix this problem that we have."

Michael didn't just care about the subject he also made it as part of the theme for "This Is It" concert tour in 2009 to raise awareness.

According to Michael's long time friend Deepak Chopra that Michael was working on a song about climate change in the days before his death. 

The spiritualist and author, who knew the singer for 20 years, said that Jackson had recorded a demo of the track and was drafting the lyrics.

Writing on The Huffington Post, the US news and commentary website, Chopra said that Jackson had called him in an "upbeat, excited mood" two days before he died. 'The voice message said, "I've got some really good news to share with you.' He was writing a song about the environment, and he wanted me to help informally with the lyrics, as we had done several times before." he said.

"When I tried to return his call, however, the number was disconnected. (Terminally spooked by his treatment in the press, he changed his phone number often.)
"So I never got to talk to him, and the music demo he sent me lies on my bedside table as a poignant symbol of an unfinished life."


Michael Jackson and Deepak Chopra

            

R.I.P MJ, your music lives on....

No comments:

Post a Comment